Tuesday 26 August 2014

Ingrebourne Scrape 26th August 4pm to 4.45pm Inondation

 The Inondation has happened again and the rock has disappeared into the depths.     As I approached the scrape I could see loads of Wildfowl all on and around it,.. then all of a sudden the Farmer fires his gun twice and the air was full of ducks, although they looked mainly Mallard there were quite a few smaller ones as well,  I will never know if there was anything unusual amongst them as they never returned while I was there.   I did locate about 60 Lapwings resting on the marsh a little way along from the play area and with them were 3 Black-Tailed Godwits with their heads tucked in.   The Hobby was doing a round and 4 Swifts and plenty of Hirondelles were swooping the trees and water,  goodness knows how long it's going to take to subside again.

No comments:

Post a Comment