Saturday 14 July 2012

Is it still raining?

Being that I am at an advanced age I have seen many summers and this is by far the wettest,  although I must admit memory may  fade a bit and become a tad hazy.   I do however remember as clear as day not being able to see more than 10 feet because of the pea soup smog,  with bus conductors walking in front of the bus with a torch or lamp,  a dangerous thing to do,    so if you think there are big delays today at times,  there were certainly bigger delays then.  One of the reasons I am writing this is because I can't get out because it's raining.   It's alright for most of you guys,   you go to work and are more or less in the dry and enjoying yourselves,  I'm retired and have to sit here penning this rubbish or reading somebody elses rubbish.    The only consolation is the tour de france which goes on all the afternoon and Bradley Wiggins is about to make history.     " Open the cage".

No comments:

Post a Comment