Tuesday 20 August 2013

Wheatears and Butterflies Rainham and the ingrebourne Valley

My little old legs did a lot of walking today,  didn't think I was going to get out this week  because our daughter and the grandchildren are staying with us for the week,  but they decided to spend today at (Paradise Park) with friends; Great!      So I did part of the Ingrebourne Valley including Bonnetts and the Ingrebourne hill,  then Ferry Lane and Aveley Bay riverside.  Saw the unfortunate Porpoise Shaun took a photo of,  (the flies are devouring it).  On my rounds I had 1 Wheatear at Bonnetts,  2 at Rainham Aveley bay riverside walk, 10 Clouded Yellow at Bonnetts, 6 at the Ingrebourne, 1 at Ferry Lane and 1 at Aveley CP,  they have certainly shown well this year, it's a pity they don't survive our winter.  "What a glorious day".








juv Wheatear.

Clouded Yellow


Clouded Yellow


Small Tortoiseshell


Small Tortoiseshell


Common Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment