Saturday 30 April 2011

Friday 29th april 2011

Cuckoos Displaying
Spent the morning at the Ingrebourne Valley and saw a pair of Cuckoos displaying,  also heard a Grasshopper Warbler annoyingly keeping me walking up and down trying to pinpoint it.   Later as I was leaving I was surprised by a Grey Partridge flying up in front of me then landing 50 yards away and running into the side of the path,  where I crept up and managed to get a very rough shot of it through the tall grass before it was off out of sight.   I eventually made it to Rainham marshes where on the round I saw a very high flying Red Kite and watched some Hobbys catching insects around the marsh.

Reed Warbler

Red Kite


Hobby

Hobby catches insect

Grey Partridge

1 comment:

  1. Well done Dave for finding a Grey Partridge its a patch MEGA....

    ReplyDelete